Things You Need To Know About Geofencing Today!
The threat presente Geo-Fencing is a technology that permits the user to set up virtual perimeters in a real-world scenario. The user can define a particular radius area on the map. They will receive real-time updates if any entry or exit is made from that region. This ensures the safety and security of the asset as well as a scrutiny mechanism so that any unwarranted activity is discouraged.
What is Geofencing?
Geofencing is a location-based technology in which virtual boundaries can be assigned to a geographical area in the real world. They can display these virtual perimeters on an indoor map and can trigger actions or alerts on entry, exit, or dwelling within the specified area.
While geo fencing is most commonly discussed in a marketing context, the ways in which they can use these virtual boundaries is extensive. For example, organizations can leverage indoor geo fences to monitor traffic within a certain area of a building, making it a particularly useful tool for everything from enhancing security systems to optimizing workspaces.
How does Geofencing technology work?
Geofencing platforms leverage varying types of device detection techniques like Wi-Fi, cellular, GPS or
RFID signals to determine when a mobile device or tracking tag enters or exits a virtual boundary set up around the specified geographical location within the covered building. Geofences can be drawn in any shape or size and are associated with secure areas or rooms that follow more restrictive policies. Within government and other high-security focused areas, geofencing can provide alert triggers based on positioning signals within these secure zones and help direct TSCM or other personnel to the incident.
Infrastructure requirements for Geofencing security?
There are a few pieces required for effective geofencing security implementations. The solution will require equipment deployed on-premises and air-gapped from the production networks. This equipment will comprise sensors, network switches, Cat5/6 cabling and server to host the Aware software. If the solution is truly air-gapped, an additional viewing station will be required for launching the Aware website. Once the solution is installed, administrators will configure the indoor device detection technology to monitor and analyze the transmitting environment of a building, enabling the visualization of the radio frequency (RF) environment in the context of a floor plan.
The functional areas in which the Geofencing feature can come in handy are:
- Firstly, large businesses that have a very huge fleet can use geofencing to manage and monitor their assets in an organized manner. The vehicle will send an immediate alert if the prescribed route is not followed by your employee.
- You can remotely turn off the vehicle if such a situation arises preventing any unwanted activity which may be harmful to the driver or the vehicle which reduces the costs involved in completing the process.
- You can also appraise the performance of the employees based on their compliance with the company prescribed geofenced routes. This helps to increase the overall productivity of the personnel.
Employee Tracking :
- Employee Tracking for companies that require the employees to be engaged in field services. It ensures that each employee is fulfilling the designated number of hours at the specific area assigned to them.
- This ascertains that each and every employee is exactly where they are supposed to be enhancing the chances of boosting sales and increasing profits. A keen eye upon them also reduces the downtime of employees and makes them conscious of the idle time that they are spending.
- The employees can also have access to marking their attendance once they have reached the designated area because of this geofencing feature.
Personal Vehicle Security :
- This is the most common area where geofencing is underuse. You can define your home, workplace, school, etc. as a safe zone.
- Due to this feature, any time your vehicle enters or exits you are instantly notified and you can take the appropriate action.
- If your GPS device the capability to cut off engine supply you can use it to safeguard your vehicle against any theft or robbery if the geofence boundaries are breached.
School Vehicle Tracking :
- School Vehicle tracking provides the school authorities to ascertain the location of the students’ transport vehicle. As a result, this guarantees that the safety of students is not compromisable and any misconduct will be dealt with.
- The parents will also receive an instant notification when their child’s vehicle enters and exits the school’s premises so that they are aware of each and every movement of the vehicle.
- Subsequently, it also helps to record the entry and exit times for each and every day so that if there is any problem regarding the time they can use these records to address them.
Women and Elderly Safety :
- Women’s safety is a major concern in most parts of the country. Hence to ensure that any misconduct does not happen geo-fencing is an important tool.
- Cabs and shuttle services provided by employers for female and elderly employees must be monitored carefully. Therefore, extra security measures should be in place in vehicles traveling late at night.
- Taxi owners mostly operate within the limits of a city as intercity operations will require extra charges like toll taxes, permits etc which will add to the overall cost of their business ultimately leading to losses.
- The owners can also track the activities of their drivers making sure that they ply the vehicles in the area for which they are permitted and do not wander into off-limit or prohibited areas.
To know more about our Services, visit City Hawks Services.
Leave a Comment